26 November 2004

Pâte de verre (2)

This is an ancient Egyptian technique, revived by modern glass-makers to make opaque glass through which light glows - looks a bit like alabaster. We saw a film of the work of Shinichi & Kimiake Higuchi who specialize in cabbage leaves and special secretive boxes. Very fine work – though not my taste.
I didn’t know mosaics are made from this technique and would like to try that. You can achieve sculptures like the one pictured by Dan Dailey which I quite like though as a technique I have not much enjoyed this one
”handles”









my tiles waiting to be fired
”handles”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there " Jane " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)

Anonymous said...

The ultimate internet marketing website is www.TheOnlinePromoters.com