01 March 2005

Extra tuition

I'm not sure why, but I didn't post up two important 'extras' which have made a huge difference.

1. I had been going to watch Martin Andrews working at the Ruskin Centre and finally negotiated some one-to-one sessions with him. I'll probably have 10 spaced out over the next few weeks. So no more bead-making on a Monday evening.

2. I went to an engraving weekend at West Dean run by Tracey Sheppard just before half term. An eye-opener. I would not have known about toning and modelling without it.

I suppose I felt my tutors and colleagues at the college would look askance at such extra-curricular activity. But I just wanted to learn more than is possible here, especially as I lost quite a lot of the first term because of back pain and still being on my various Boards and so rushing backwards and forwards to London, sometimes twice a week.

No comments: