19 April 2005

Colour at last

I spent today 'painting' with glass. Cutting up little bits of colour and pushing them around. Bit worried about having reds and yellows together as they are temperamental and one might crack the other. I'll cry about it on these pages if I do. This is what I have been wanting to try for some time, instead of playing the ticking boxes game and getting stuff ready for assessment. Do I need that, at my age?
PS - took it home at the weekend, and it hasn't broken yet, though apparently it might as the centre of the spiral is a little thicker than the rest and may be a stress point. Wish someone had told me that could happen before I started.
The design was based on the Photoshop painting I did in week 6, manipulated with watercolour and twirl filters.

No comments: