30 August 2005

Glass blowing near the Black Sea



These bowls are made by the tutor, Boyd Sugiki, running a 2-week course in Turkey that I am about to depart for. Am looking forward to it, but with some trepidation as I haven't been in practice and am rather afraid I won't be up to standard. Also nervous about the heat. But an intensive go at it should help me get to grips with learning to control the stuff.

Nothing to report on the rest of the summer, glass-wise. I have been scratching away. And am joining classes in the autumn at Morley College (engraving) and Westminster Adult Education Service (kiln-forming). I am creating a second year for myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there " Jane " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)