24 February 2006

Fixtures and fittings

I think I am going to go for holes drilled through the lenses and joined with tiger tail 7-strand cable (nylon-coated stainless steel) fixed with crimps. Secured within a stainless steel frame at the top and bottom. So they'll move a little but won't chink against each other.

I gave my presentation [NB it's 12 Mb] to the group yesterday and got some useful feedback. But it wasn't as stimulating as I'd been hoping. I'd worked quite hard to get all my information ready and put it all into PowerPoint -- because that's the way I am used to doing these things -- but I wondered afterwards if it made me come across as too confident and therefore a bit off-putting in terms of feedback from my fellow students. In fact, I am just as uncertain as others who wear their hearts on their sleeves -- and for whom the rest of the class turned on the taps of encouragement to gushing levels, whereas I seemed to experience a weak trickle.

No comments: