17 November 2007

Paris through glass


The glass chandelier under the Chagal dome at the Opera and us reflected in the glass ceiling in the lowest storey.

A posh glass shop selling very upmarket cut flash glass. And a little batch of Biedermeyer chairs seen at a special exhibition at the Louvre (the reason I've included these is that they seemed worth stacking with my 'Why is a wine glass not a shoe?' train of thought in that the inventiveness of the backs made me think of shoe design rather than of wineglass design).

This 1st century AD Roman bowl made with little murrini surrounded by clear is the closest to my 'ghost bowl' technique that I've seen.

And through the glazed panels of the Gare du Nord, this amusing poster greeted us on our arrival off the first train to Paris out of St Pancras on 14 November.

No comments: