19 August 2008

I must be mad - continued


Three readers of this blog, plus personal married-to advisor said go for the shorter (better proportioned) goblet. Reader, I didn't. Somehow it seemed a bit squat when I had all the parts assembled. I had every intention of taking the advice - not least because I wasn't sure the whole thing would stand up with the extra part of the stem, and a very tenuous joint to the foot. It was standing when I left college yesterday. I felt literally sick with anxiety as I pieced it together. Not totally unlike the chalk working drawing.

I don't think I have explained its purpose. It is for the MA Final Show as an installation goblet: 'We'll teach you to drink deep ere you depart' [Hamlet] and it will contain a cocktail of research notes, exhibition catalogues and sketches – all absorbed in the course of the two years. This both represents the MA exploration and refers to a mild obsession with wineglasses that this blog testifies has been a themesong.



No comments: