06 August 2008

I must be mad


After two days of grinding, spirit-levelling, fitting, pondering, being frustrated, wondering what I am doing, etc, etc., I have arrived at a dilemma about my giant goblet - here shown roughly photoshopped in two versions. I wanted it as large as possible to make a statement, but are the proportions better if I leave out the long stem and stop at the baluster section? It looks a bit odd and floaty in the picture, but I left myself in as an indication of scale. I rather wish I had taken the bits home now to ponder over, because I can't go in next week as they are having a deep clean on my regular days. I didn't because I was so exhausted by the end of the 2nd day and felt I'd risk dropping it if I tried to take it to the car. That did happen to me once.

No comments: