19 November 2004

A day at the V&A

”handles”









”pezzato” I spent hours in the glass gallery at the V&A looking closely at modern and more recent glass -- not my old favourites, the 18th century twists. Took some photos and made drawings and notes. Lots of ideas to take further. I also watched all the videos on the touch screens. They're quite good. I learned a great deal about technique -- not more than by watching the real thing, of course, but they did fill in a lot of gaps of understanding. Then I went to the library http://www.vam.ac.uk/nal/ and made a favpurites list of periodicals and books to look at next time. It's a better collection than the Harrison Learning Centre.
A day very well spent.
”pezzato”








pix: millefiore knife handles; pezzato Venini vase; mosaic-blown bowl

No comments: