14 January 2005

Back for a week and no post!

I know. It's just that it feels like a waste of time sitting in front of a computer when there are workshops to use. So, galloping through this week:
1. Whether or not to exhibit a piece I haven't yet made in the Stourbridge 'Bridges' Performance Arts show. Nice thing there is getting to know other colleagues involved a bit better.
2. Experimentation with my collection of ophthalmic lenses that Stephen found on a skip (my Christmas present from him). I can do things with this haul. Pix show a few ideas - 2nd row have hot glass trails running across them (not easy to do).




3. Figurine and cameo from last term (I broke the cameo after working on it for 2 hours as I carried it upstairs. Someone more experienced than me said, 'I no longer worry about breakages because I know I can just make it again.' I didn't feel that.

4. Getting back into the swing of things and trying to avoid the whingers -- I know how they feel, but it's a waste of time; I'd rather get on and do things. Complaining takes energy out of you and then you can't work that day.
5. Maybe, just maybe, they are putting on an evening class in hot glass and because the general public isn't coming in droves, we found we could enrol for it. I confess, I am a bit of a stirrer in this. The College didn't think to ask us -- we who are there and would really appreciate extra time in this, the most difficult, area. The thinking processes here are baffling.

All in all, a positive return to college life. Still sampling hors d'oeuvres, but I think I will allow myself that luxury as I won't have access to these facilities so easily again.

No comments: