08 February 2005

Pancake day & dragons

Various of us had pancake fests -- I didn't go to the one my group went to as I had already invited 2 of our tutors (1 came; 1 wished she could). Good lemon squeezie and good convo.

Re glass, one of those weeks when things break. Well, it's glass. That's what it does. In my case one of those Browning moments (which so describe me): 'In striving to perfect/ Oft we marr what's well'. Which is what I did. Ground through the bottom of a vessel I had spent a whole day engraving just because the bottom wasn't flat and I thought I had meanwhile learnt how to flatten it. Dragon breathing round the rubric 'textere' as in text and weaving. One of best things I've done. It's going to migrate now to something else using a UV glue. Is glue naff? The tutors here don't seem to think so. Anyway, I don't feel ready to waste my dragon.

No comments: