10 February 2006

Alison Kinnaird at the Zest Gallery

This isn't my picture, but I am sure Alison Kinnaird won't mind me reproducing it. Her talk last night was very interesting and she was very generous in telling me where she gets her stainless steel frames made. I have sent off to see if this is something I could do for the site-specific project. But, oh -- I did realise last night that I can't ever catch up for 30 years of not drawing. Her engraving is not just innovative, because she is using coloured light to give these effects, but she can really draw. And handle the tools. Just a twist of the copper wheel and there's a shoulder or a leg with real verve and movement. I feel my 'Inspired by' plate is pathetic now I've looked closely at this work.
I made the right decidion to skip the art lecture in favour of this one.

No comments: