04 April 2008

Interim Show Private View

A nice occasion and quite a high standard of work, on the whole. I thought it was better than last year's Final Show. My work was nicely placed so it was the first thing people saw as they enteredthe gallery. All the tutors thought the stand too heavy for the piece, but I thought it looked good - and in any case, it led to interesting discussions. A technician said he could make me something a bit like a gyroscope -- which I liked the sound of. Maybe he even will for the next piece. One person enquired about buying the other roundel (the one on the invitation card) but I don't think she really meant it. At any rate not at the price someone quoted on my behalf when I remained mute. It's too soon to sell anything as the failure rate is so high I need to keep the successes.

No comments: