25 August 2008

International Festival of Glass



It was nice to be in Stourbridge again - a happy place for me. Lovely to see Brierley Hill colleagues - I reached a tally of 19 of them, about 9 Farnhamites, 4 Westminsters and at least 30 other assorted meet-and-greet friends from glass circles. Of course everyone interested in glass would be there, but it did seem amazing when I didn't know anyone four years ago at the very first biennale. Pictures show a glass frock, 2 biennale pieces, amazing Egyptian glassblowers, and Isle-of-Wight demo. I fell for the microwave kiln-lette demo and bought one, which I look forward to using. The biennale winner was a fellow MA from Farnham, as was the student runner-up prize, which is very chuffing for Farnham and so good news for everyone at the college (or would be if the press release had acknowledged it). A weekend of parties with barbecues, chocolate fountains, lots to drink and lots to look at and talk about. Really enjoyed it.

No comments: