03 October 2009

Construction in progress


We had lunch in the workshop in Cambridgeshire where the metalwork for my RNOH project is being constructed. This is how it is looking - not yet finished, but it was in my contract that it should be finally approved by the Commissioner before installation. Which it was. We'd changed the fixing method since they had seen the prototype and I was confidently nervous. Another couple of days now to fit the last pieces (17 altogether, representing the thoracic and lumbar disks of the spine). Then, when I've made my last tweaks, it will get a brush polish and be taken down ready for installation at the venue in mid November. Oh, and the Opera House eggs went into a pear and almond tart which everyone said was outstandingly delicious. A good day.

No comments: