03 February 2008

Ghost bowl

I have high hopes of this one blowing out well. But it will be tricky as the dark blue will want to distort the whole thing. I have had success with a thin line of blue, and I am hoping that by balancing it all round, the colours will hold each other up and not blow out differently. In hopes my next blog entry will report back a good outcome - though one thing I have learned is that you mustn't get attached at this stage, despite the investment in time and resources. I reckon each blown out piece takes 5 person-hours, of which 1 is help with the blowing. And for every 1 that is a real success, there are perhaps 3 that aren't. Perhaps even 4 or 5. So (conservatively) the one in table jewellery takes 20 hours to achieve. Plus costs. A gallery mark-up is standardly two-and-a-half times what the artist receives (taking account of VAT). So it's not exactly going to be a bread-winner.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: