27 February 2008

Heller Gallery




Truly inspirational morning at the Heller Gallery which is one of the best modern glass galleries in New York. I was fortunate in that a serious buyer seemed to be there at the same time as I was and he was taken down to the vaults to see more pieces that were not out on display and I was invited to come along too. I've loads of pictures - these three are Etsuko Nishi (top) 2 pâte de verre vessels [I must find out more about her technique]; Steffen Dam (middle) 'Specimen Panel' [they had several of his pieces and I really loved them - couldn't figure out how made]; Robin Grebe (bottom) which isn't my 'thing' but it was rather lovely. Plus some Chihuly, Lino Tagliapietra and other luminaries. I spent ages there. Nice of them to let me take so many pix - and I had a really good look at several pieces trying to work out they were made and also looking at the way round things were displayed.

No comments: